Assessment: It is not an exaggeration to say that there are people we have to prevent freezing or starving …
- Mr. Lewis built a loyal following with his financial advice on MoneySavingExpert
- He said lower to middle income earners have ‘nothing left to cut back on’
- He claimed rising inflation has left people unable to find a way to pay their bills
- He warned of ‘civil unrest’ if people cannot keep their families fed or warm
- Energy bills have risen by £700, leaving Britons unable to afford heating at home
- At the same time, National Insurance has increased and fuel prices have surged
“And he who earns wages,
Earns wages to put into a bag with holes.” Haggai 1:6
The consumer champion, who has built a loyal following for his financial advice, said lower to middle income earners have ‘nothing left to cut back on’.
He said the rising level of inflation affecting prices of food and heating has left people unable to find a way to pay their bills.