Newsmax: How great a burden can even an unrivaled superpower carry before it buckles and breaks? We may be about to find out.
Rome was the superpower of its time, ruling for centuries almost the entirety of what was then called the civilized world.
Great Britain was a superpower of its day, but she bled, bankrupted and broke herself in the Thirty Years War of the West from 1914-1945.
By Winston Churchill’s death in 1965, the empire had vanished, and Britain was being invaded by a stream of migrants from its former colonies.
America was the real superpower of the 20th century and became sole claimant to that title with the collapse of the Soviet Union between 1989 and 1991, an event Vladimir Putin called “the greatest geopolitical tragedy of the 20th century.”
Has America’s turn come? Read More …
Opinion: The best way to answer the question is to take a look at what happened to Great Britain. Disclaimer: Be careful sharing this with non-Bible believers they will think you are nuts.
1917: World War I coming to and end: Britain signs the Balfour Declaration that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people in the area of Palestine
1918: World War I Ends
1919: The Ottoman Empire who backed Germany in the war collapses. The Middle East lands are divided up among the allies.
- League of Nations awarded Britain mandates over Transjordan, Palestine, and Iraq.
- League of Nations awarded France mandates over Syria and Lebanon.
- Britain awarded the entire land of Palestine to Israel with no territorial restrictions.
- Israel was granted both sides of the Jordan River, totaling 43,075 square miles. A few months later, Britain, under pressure, altered the Balfour Declaration and took back 32,460 square miles, or 78 percent of the original land grant.
- That land was then given to establish Transjordan, leaving Israel approximately 9,500 square miles.
- #4 and #5 above were the original two-state solution.
- The UN proposed a further reduction of land for Israel to 5,560 square miles, or 13 percent of the original land grant. Seventy-five percent of Israel’s allotted land was desert.
- Israel was pushed to land on the West Bank of the Jordan River.
- Israel’s land mass became 5,560 square miles; Arab land mass equaled 6,700,000 square miles.
- The Arab world rejected the United Nations Partition Plan that would have created an Arab state and a Jewish state side by side.
By 1948, the land grant for Israel had shrunk to 5,500 square miles, placing Britain in violation of God’s covenant to Abraham, “I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.” The sun began to set on the British Empire.
Under Barack Obama, the US came very close to making the same mistake by supporting the Arab demands that Israel give back all the land captured in the 1976 war.
That Obama failed, paved the way for Donald Trump who has blessed Israel on multiple occasions beginning with moving the US embassy to Jerusalem, declaring Jerusalem Israel’s capital, and supporting Israel’s right to the Golan Heights.
What will happen after November 3? A Trump win, or will Joe Biden pick up where Obama left off?
Excerpts: “Antichrist: The Search for Amalek” (Amazon.com)