Debkafile: “There were two unclaimed explosions in Damascus overnight Thursday and early Friday (Jan.12-13) – one at an officers club in Damascus and the second at Mezzeh airport, which Syria alleged was the work of the new Israeli S-35 stealth aircraft firing across the border from a point over the Sea of Galilee.
There was no claim to either of the attacks.
Some unknown hand struck into the heart of that regime in the space of a few hours – not once, but twice. The Assad regime used its standard scapegoat, Israel, for covering up embarrassing and inexplicable occurrences.”
Opinion: Recent headlines concerning the US embassy and the military forces of Russia, Iran, and Turkey’s presence in Syria along with yesterday’s explosions in Damascus, suggests two prophetic events and four outcomes may be near:
- Damascus is destroyed in one night (Isaiah 17:1, 14)
- A coalition of 7 Arab nations marches on Israel (Ps. 83:1-8)
It is important to note that the two events were prophesied 250 years apart by two different prophets. There is no hard evidence that they happen together or in that order. Several prophecy scholars listed in Bible prophecy 101 (bottom of chapter 10) have connected the two events in a sequence of prophecies with the following outcomes:
- Israel is victorious (Psalm 83:9), the war ends, and Israel becomes an exceedingly great army (Ezek. 37:10)
- Israel dwells securely; the wall of separation comes down (Ezek. 38:11)
As long as Israel is surrounded by neighbors whose only goal is the total destruction of the Jewish state, there is no way for Israel to be living securely enough to take down the wall of separation. The destruction of the surrounding Arab states (Obad. 1:18) leaving Israel the sole owner of the vast oil and gas reserves in the Levant and the Golan Heights could be the motive for the war of Gog and Magog.
- Russia (Iran/Turkey/North Africa) launch a surprise attack to take plunder (Ezek. 38:13)
- God intervenes (Ezek. 38:18-23)
(For more, see chapters 8 and 10 in Bible prophecy 101)