The New American: On Thursday, former president Barack Obama came out solidly in favor of big-tech censorship in its online platforms. In remarks delivered at Stanford University, Obama claimed that not cracking down on thought he considers “disinformation” would allow “democracy to wither.”
At a conference entitled Challenges to Democracy in a Digital Information Realm, the former president laid out the case for further regulation of big tech companies such as Facebook and Twitter.
Claiming to be “pretty much a free speech absolutist,” Obama outlined his reasons to silence free speech on social-media platforms. The 44th president decried nations such as China for “telling people what they can or cannot say or publish, while trying to control what others say about their country abroad.”
Obama also said that he doesn’t “have a lot of confidence that any single individual or organization, private or public, should be charged or do a good job determining who gets to hear what.”
Nevertheless, the former president doesn’t believe that anyone should hear opinions that differ from the largely fabricated mainstream narrative on social media.
“That said, the first amendment is a check on the power of the state. It doesn’t apply to private companies, like Facebook or Twitter, any more than it applies to editorial decisions made by the New York Times or Fox News. Never has. Social media companies already make choices about what is or is not allowed on their platforms, and how that content appears, both explicitly through content moderations, or implicitly through algorithms.” Read More …
Opinion: Recipe for duplicating the progressive left mind of Barack Obama:
- Rely on the leftist media to hide scandals and promote your agenda
- Rely on sycophants to blindly support even the most anti-American ideas
- Lie with a straight face on national TV and repeat the lie as often as possible
- Use the words ‘institutions’ and ‘norms’ as often as possible, no one will understand
- Raise questions on the actual meaning of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights
Recipe for duplicating the progressive mind of Joe Biden:
- Never have an original thought, plagiarize when necessary
- Pander to any group that will get you votes except the Religious right
- Rely on others to set your agenda
- Lie with impunity
- Lie with impunity
Article: “People like Putin, and Steve Bannon for that matter, understand it’s not necessary for people to believe disinformation in order to weaken democratic institutions. You just have to flood a country’s public square with enough raw sewage, you just have to raise enough questions, spread enough dirt, plant enough conspiracy theorizing, that citizens no longer know what to believe,” Obama said.
The Constitution and the Bill of Rights make the foundation for the Representative Government of the United States of America. Chip away at the foundation and you make the nation vulnerable. Remove the foundation and the nation collapses.
There is no nation resembling a lone-superpower in Bible prophecy, only power blocs leading to the final war. The United States and Europe sadly fit into the Western Alliance of Antichrist, making him the most powerful dictator in history:
- King of the North: Syria, nations to the north of Israel Dan. 11:40)
- King of the South: Egypt, (North Africa), nations to the south of Israel (Dan. 11:40)
- Western Alliance, Beast Army of Antichrist – revived Roman Empire (Psalm 2:1-4; Dan. 11:40; Rev. 16:14, 19:19)
- Kings of the East – China India, Nations to the east of Israel (Rev. 16:12)
In the latter days perilous times will come (2 Timothy 3:1).